What Personal Information Do Our Brands Collect?
When you visit our Sites, our Brands may collect the following information from or about you:
- Online Identifiers: IP address, advertising ID, unique device ID, and other information about your device, and internal and third party IDs that have been assigned to you.
- Location Information: Information about your location that you provide us or that we collect from your device (including city, state, and zip code) (collected in limited circumstances).
- Internet Activity Information: Information about your use of our Sites and other websites you visit, including the web pages, content and advertisements you view and links you click on, and whether you open, forward or click the links in emails we send to you, your browsing history, and social media use including the “shares” and “likes” you make on a social media platform that is connected to the Sites.
- Inferences about Your Interests, Preferences and other Behavioral Data: Hobbies, and interests (like your exercise and activity levels, your favorite foods, your weight loss objectives and dietary preferences, which videos you like, your purchases, favorite recipes, or consumption tendencies).
Some of our Brands offer you the opportunity to sign up for a newsletter, register on our Sites, or purchase products from us, when you do that, those Brands may also collect:
- Contact Information: Your name, phone number, postal address or email address.
- Account/Registration Information: User name and password, reminder questions and answers, subscription and account numbers, and communications preferences (such as which newsletters you would like to receive).
- Payment Information: Billing address, shipping address, credit card or bank account number, expiration date, and card verification number (when you provide that information to us).
- Demographic Information: Age, gender, race, education level, income information, occupation, marital status, and information about your household/family status such as the presence of children/child age ranges, household size, own/rent indicator, and the length of time at your residence.
Where/How Do We Collect Information About You?
We collect information about you from a number of sources:
From you. Some of our Brands collect your contact, registration/account information, and payment information and any other information when you provide it to us on the Sites. When you make a purchase on the Sites, we also retain a record of your purchases and order history.
From your Device
What are Cookies & Other Technologies?
- Web Beacons, Pixel Tags and Other Tracking Technologies. Web beacons, pixel techs and other “tracking technologies” are small strings of code placed on a web page or in an email or advertisement. These technologies allow your browser to recognize and store certain types of information such as cookies previously set, the time and date that you viewed the page with the beacon and a description of that page.
Can You Opt Out?
In most cases, yes! There are some cookies that we need in order to operate the Sites. If you deleted those cookies, the Sites would no longer function (as an example, if we can’t remember the items you put in a shopping cart, then you won’t be able to place an order on the Sites). You can always decide to opt-out of or delete the third party cookies (cookies set by Advertisers and Data Partners) on our Sites. Keep in mind, if you block cookies, you may not be able to view or access some of the features of our Sites. Visit our section on your privacy choices for more information on how to opt-out.
- Advertisers. In some cases, the Advertisers who serve ads on our Sites will share your email or online identifiers with us so that we can make sure their advertisements or offers reach you.
- Data Partners. We work with third party data partners who share information with us about your demographic information, internet activity information, purchasing information, and your interests, preferences, and other behavioral data, which help us understand you better and ensure the content and services we offer are relevant and compelling.
- Service Providers. We work with service providers who collect information on our behalf in order to provide services to us, such as hosting our websites, processing our credit card transactions, fulfilling your subscriptions and orders, verifying your identity, and other activities needed to help us provide our content and services to you. We only allow our service providers to use your personal information in connection with the services they provide us.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We and our other Life Basics Organics Companies and the Service Providers working on our behalf use information collected about you to:
To Contact You
- To send you emails, including our Brand newsletters, surveys and other communications.
Fulfill Your Subscriptions, Orders and Other Requests
- Fulfill your orders and requests for products, services, and information (including to send you email or other newsletters).
- Some of our brands offer products and services you can purchase individually or on a subscription basis. We use the information you provide at check-out to process your orders on those sites.
Create and Manage your Account
- Create and manage your Account, including providing you with access to your Account.
Marketing Life Basics Organics to You
- We may use your information to market the Life Basics Organics’s Brands to you, as well as the products and services of the other companies owned by Life Basics Organics.
Personalize Your Experience on Our Sites, Including the Content and Ads Displayed to You
- Customize the content and ads you see when you use our Sites, third party sites, and in our email communications.
- Remember your browser settings and any preferences you set while using the Sites.
- Recognize you across our Sites so that we may deliver relevant interest-based content and advertising to you.
Provide and Improve the Sites
- Analyze, operate and improve our Sites (including repairing errors or debugging) or develop new ones.
- Allow you to participate in features such as surveys, polls, sweepstakes, and message boards.
- Measure and analyze visitor traffic and usage patterns and improve the quality and effectiveness of our Sites, features and related communications.
Advertising, Marketing and other Research for our Advertisers
- Provide you with special offers, promotions and information from the Life Basics Organics companies, and select third parties (as permitted by law).
- To understand trends in how the visitors to our Sites interact with the ads, content, and features on our Sites (e.g. your behavior on our Sites may be included in a general report about whether people prefer video content over written content on our Sites).
- Help our Advertisers reach you by email.
- Conduct market or audience analysis and related reporting (e.g. to give reports on who our visitors are and whether the ads displayed are effective).
Security and Fraud Prevention
- Enforce our legal rights or comply with the law.
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, comply with applicable law and enforce our see the terms of service on the applicable website.
We may use your information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information, provided we have obtained the required consent.